TheSplendidSampler.com

TheSplendidSampler.com

četrtek, 24. marec 2016

Topstitch plate basket

My new Janome Horizon sewing machine came with two stitch plate- straight and zigzag. One is in use, the other is set aside. I always thought their spot should be under acrylic table. So I made just right size basket.



I used already quilted and appliqued sample piece of fabric. I was learning applique in combination with free motion sketching. In the and I added some FMQ. The piece was waiting to be used. Together with Kaffe fabric it looks even better.



For one basket, you'll need one 7 1/2  x 6" quilted cotton rectangle sendvich and cotton fabric for exterior 7 1/2 x 6"
From each corner trim 1 1/4" square.






Sew corners with  right sides together with 1/4" seam allowance. Repaet all  with outer fabric.

With right sides together, place the exterior inside the interior. Match seams and pin in place.



 Stitch with 1/4" seam all around except about 1 1/2" wide opening. Turn the right side out from the opening.




Press the opening. Topstitch. Press corners.


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar